Sunday, May 29, 2011

We'll Meet Again...


I remember when my family first entered the cable TV to our house, I was about 11-12 years old. That is when I saw the Oprah Show on MBC 4. Though it took me 2 shows to realize I like the Oprah show, I started watching my mom and me. And my God how many times we wished we could be on the show, well we are from Egypt so that luxury wasn't meant for us, but we were still delighted and happy just to be able to watch her.

Oprah I want to thank you because you gave me the passion to reading, my first book I read was the Secret after you made an episode on it, you gave me a vision that I can reach what I dream of, an ability to pursue my dreams and believe in myself, though I sometimes lake some self confidence but I keep my eyes on my goal.

So I said I can inspire people as you inspired me and others. So I served in my Community church as a mentor and a preacher for kids and took courses to do that too and a lot of reading spiritually and self-help books, and my focus was and still just to tell them 2 things...God Loves you in many ways and aspects and tell them you are accepted as you, a great human no matter what you do you are loved. And whatever you want to do you can achieve just keep your focus.

I made myself a quote so that I never give up: " If there is a treasure, and you are truly searching for it, you will eventually find it "

I said to myself I want to be an engineer and you can get to engineering school, and here I am in it, now I am saying you could go to take a Masters degree from MIT or Caltech, hard and I know that but I will never give up I will do every thing in my power and will leave it to God's hands to direct me believing in his love to me and his guidance.

Oprah, I want to tell you that you were the sound to pull me out of depression when I fall saying I can't, you were the voice to keep me going and what you did on your stage to help others inspired me to do so and reached my half way around the globe.

On your farewell show you said you are responsible, and you are right I was rejected by people for many bad habits I used to do, though I didn't know but because you pushed me to read I knew and started to change for the better.

It took me years and hours of crying tears and blood till I finally saw the green leaves of the small seed you helped plant in me.

Yes, I am responsible for people's acceptance, for the energy and emotions I transmit, for the love I give, for my life and what happened or will happen in it. I can't say I can't, no I can, God give me power to use it, gave me purpose to fulfill and for that I am alive and you made me remember that

Now I am 20 years old, A changed educated and enlighten man, able to right what is on his mind, and think properly, though I wished to see you earlier, but every thing happens in life is for a reason and it happens in a certain time, in the right time, that is what I believe . You inspired me to change, change my mental health, my way of thinking, my priorities, even my way of eating and my body, maybe more but those are the most significant to me.

For that Oprah, I thank you, thank God for making you like this and for putting you along people's way including mine. Thanks Oprah

If you were wondering why did I name my article like this, Cause I don't like farewells, and I know for certain that people meet in heaven and there is where I'm certain I will meet you, that's is why We'll meet again Oprah…

I tried my best to write what I feel, hope you like it , I feel you deserve more but this is the best I could write for what you did to me. I wrote my feelings sincerely and truthfully no exaggerations.

I don't know when will we meet and see each other(on that day or any day before), but till then thanks Oprah for you help. See you Oprah :)

2 comments:

  1. Peter....i've never read any blogs for anyone before, but as my first time and as the title was eye-catching for me; i did and you encouraged me to follow her on MBC4. I am pretty sure if Operah had the chance and read this, she'll like it very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw am marina atef named as " Rina Rostom " on ur facebook account :)

    ReplyDelete